The holidays have arrived. You don’t want to gain ten pounds this season. So, you are trying to be mindful about your eating habits-including snacking. By setting a 100 calorie limit for snacks, you are sure to stay on track with your diet and weight management. Smart snacking strategies work during the holidays and really all year long. Personally, I think that to make snacking options really work for a person, they need to be super easy. While Pinterest and the rest of the internet have many great snack recipes, it’s nice to have 100 calorie diet snack options that are NOT recipes! Sometimes, it’s necessary to make snacking fast and effortless! Any preparation beyond getting to the grocery store and simply eating the snack may actually be a mental roadblock. With no recipes or preparation, these 100 calorie simple snacks will help straighten out your eating quickly.
Some of these 100 calorie diet snacks are easily purchased in prepackaged servings. Other 100 calorie diet snack options listed here just combine simple foods. Or, it might be necessary to count certain food items to reach the 100 calories. There are no recipes, just 60 easy 100 calorie simple diet snacks.
Benefits of snacking
Snacking can prevent you from overeating. By incorporating a snack into your day, you can offset a downward blood sugar spiral which could lead to severe hunger. Untamed, severe hunger can lead to a calorie binge that was not anticipated. You will simply eat too much, too quickly, and possibly the wrong foods if you become ravenous. It’s always best to avoid that scenario so you avoid eating the whole kitchen. Strategically placed snacks throughout the day do more than raise your blood sugar to prevent overeating. They can also be a significant source of nutrients-depending on what snacks you opt for. There are many “treat” type snacks noted below, but there are many 100 calorie options noted that are high in nutrients. By adding several planned snacks to your daily eating regimen, you are more likely to meet your overall nutritional requirements.
By choosing more of the nutrient dense options, your snacks can contribute specific key nutrients and have a huge impact on your biochemistry. If you opt for fruit and vegetables as snacks, you’ll be getting more fiber, potassium, and phytochemicals into your diet. If you opt for protein rich snacks, you’ll be satisfied for a longer time period because the protein stabilizes your blood sugar levels. As far as your sweet tooth, sometimes it just needs to be satisfied, right? Knowing how to stop the sweet tooth snack attacks at 100 calorie will be helpful for all your weight and health goals!
100 calorie snacks that are salty and/or crunchy- 20 options
- 1 bag of Skinny Pop popcorn
- 25 baby carrots
- 2 celery stacks with 1 Tbsp. reduced fat peanut butter
- 20 dill pickles
- a medium sized apple
- pretzels, 3/4 oz.
- 25 pistachio nuts
- 40 raw almonds
- 11 cashews
- 16 peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. roasted chickpeas
- Simply Quinoa Chips, 3/4 oz.
- Soy nuts, 3/4 oz.
- 15 Tostitos tortilla chips plus 2 Tbsp. salsa
- 5.5 ounces of tomato juice plus 1 oz. vodka, plus 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. toasted and salted sunflower seeds
- Pirate Booty, 3/4 oz.
- Amy’s Minestrone Soup, 1 cup
- Trader Joe’s Pickled Beets, 3/4 cup
- 28 Veggie Straws
100 calorie snacks for your sweet tooth- 20 options
- Low fat waffle, 5 strawberries, aerosol whipped cream
- 10 jelly beans
- 27 M & Ms
- 4 Hershey Kisses
- 1 oz. box of raisins
- 4 large marshmallows
- Ice cream float made with diet soda and 1/2 cup ice cream
- 11 Frosted Mini Wheat Biscuits
- 2/3 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 fig bars
- Baked apple sprinkled with cinnamon, stevia, and spray of whipped cream
- 3/4 cup skim milk sweetened with 1 Tbsp. Hershey’s Lite Syrup
- Medium sized banana (4.2 ounce)
- 20 strawberries with 2 Tbsp. aerosol whipped cream
- 2 cups of watermelon
- Salerno Butter Cookies, 4
- Rice Krispie Treat, 1 package
- 1/2 cup strawberry Halo Top Ice Cream
- 60 grapes
- Creamsicle, 1 bar
Protein rich snacks for about 100 calories- 20 options
- 3 oz. cooked shrimp plus 1 Tbsp. cocktail sauce
- Hard boiled egg, Extra Large
- One cup low fat milk
- 2 oz. cooked chicken
- 2 oz. flank steak
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4% milkfat
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 4% milkfat, plus 5 oz. cantaloupe
- 1 oz. brie cheese or provolone cheese
- 2 slices of 2% milkfat American cheese
- Yoplait Greek Lemon Yogurt, 1 container
- Oikos Mixed Berry Yogurt, 4.5 ounces
- 1/2 cup light tofu
- 1 string cheese
- Belgioioso fresh mozzarella balls, 1 oz. plus 2 water crackers
- tuna packed in water, 4 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. humus plus one whole carrot
- Edamame, 1/2 cup
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow Extra Light plus 2 Melba Toast
- Babybel Light Cheese & Crackers prepackaged snack
- 1 Luna high protein bar
I hope you enjoyed this list of snack options for your salt cravings, sweet tooth, and protein fixes! Snacking can be an important part of a high quality diet. Choosing your snacks wisely can increase key nutrients in your diet. It can reign in your sweet tooth to help manage your weight. And, it can even help stabilize blood sugar to curb hunger and control diabetes. These are great options to add to your eating plan to round out your taste preferences without rounding out your waistline! If looking for a few less calories, check out 50 calorie snacks!