"Sue has altered my eating habits in a very beneficial manner. I have more energy and feel that I am on the path to achieving and maintaining a far healthier lifestyle than I've ever had. I should have done this ten years ago." Read Client Testimonials
Individual Nutritional Services
My services differ from those offered in a typical outpatient hospital setting. My counseling area is inviting and more comfortable than a hospital setting. My appointments are never rushed, and I allow enough time to provide you with the information and material necessary to effectively begin the process of reaching your health and wellness goals. I consider my counseling style to be realistic and supportive. I am readily available at no additional charge via e-mail and telephone to answer questions and concerns between follow-up appointments or after the initial nutrition consultation!
Consultations are available for individuals and families. The consultations may focus on wellness, weight management, or diet therapy for medical conditions. Additional services include nutritional supplement evaluation, grocery store tours, and kitchen make-overs.
Licensed dietitian-nutritionists are uniquely qualified to provide medical nutrition therapy (MNT). This process includes nutritional diagnostic, therapeutic, and counseling services to effectively treat and manage specific disease conditions. Medical nutrition therapy may:
- Reduce or eliminate the need for prescription drugs.
- Help reduce and control disease complications.
- Improve overall quality of life and health status.
Clients may be physician-referred for self-referred for nutritional counseling or medical nutrition therapy. If you are my client, I consider myself a member of your health care team. I make it a policy to provide communication to your primary care physician or referring physician, because this communication increases the likelihood that your health care process and outcome will be improved!
Payment and Fees
2013 Fee schedule- I accept cash, checks, and Visa/Mastercard/Discover credit cards.
A few words on health care insurance: You will need to check with your insurance carrier regarding coverage for my services, as it varies depending on your individual policy. A receipt for services is always available should you wish to attempt reimbursement to yourself by filing a claim with your private insurance carrier in the event my services are covered. Services may also be potentially covered by medical flexible spending accounts.
Information for New Nutrition Clients
- Appointments may be scheduled by calling 847.692.3438 or emailing email@example.com. Evening office hours are available.
- Appointments are always scheduled within two weeks of the initial phone or e-mail contact.
- If you need to schedule an appointment in advance of a two week period, you are required to send a non-refundable payment for services to reserve the appointment time.
- Appointments which are cancelled with less than 24-hours notice will be charged at the appointment charge rate. If you are canceling an appointment which was previously paid for as part of a package of appointments, the broken appointment is forfeited.
- Refunds are not available for unused appointments which are purchased as part of a package of appointments.
- Nutrition sessions purchased as part of a package are not transferable to other parties.
For the initial nutrition appointment:
- Please bring a copy of current blood work if available.
- Please fill out the NEW CLIENT INFORMATION, WAIVERS, AND CANCELLATION POLICY form and bring it to the first nutrition appointment.
- Please fill out the Food Frequency Form and bring it to the first nutrition appointment.
- In lieu of the food frequency questionnaire, you may be instructed to note your food intake with Nutrihand prior to your first consultation.